Thursday 28 July 2011

I did it!!!

Target has well and truly been smashed, 2.5lb off last night taking me to 1lb under my target weight. Me and my consultant went slightly crazy from excitment at the scales to say the least. It was a great moment for me, and wonderful to be able to share it with my group and say thank you for their support and my consultant's (Lord I sound like I'm accepting an Oscar) But I really don't think SW would work without the image therapy and support a great group offers.

I've definitely taken the scenic route to get to my target but I wouldn't have done it any other way, it's taken me just over a year to lose 2 stone 8lb but I've been living my life while doing it, I've said no to most cakes but not to all, I've indulged in probably far too many gins and glasses of wine, I've had take away curries and numerous meals out. SW teaches you about food and gives you an amazingly healthy relationship with it.

For the first time I can remember I do not want to lose weight and am happy with my body, I'm the healthiest I've ever been and have never felt more in control!

So where do I go from here....well the way SW works is that they give you 3lb either side of your target to hover between, which I think is great. I'll keep going to group to keep a track of my weight (which once you become a target member is free!) and I'm still going to keep my blog because I can imagine becoming complacent is a danger once you've reached target but I'm determined to maintain this great feeling!

Below is my celebratory dinner last night.....Cajun chicken with salsa and salad (I'll post the recipe later because it was delicious) And this gin may have been followed by 2 more and a couple of other syns....but hey back on the horse this morning for my new journey of maintaining!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment