Saturday 16 July 2011

Challenge ahead...

In a couple of hours I'll be on my way to a family birthday, there will be a huge party tonight with catered Indian Food, accompanied by unlimited booze.........I'm good at putting a positive spin on most things but even I'm stretched to see how I could make this SW friendly. But this is the great thing about Slimming World, it's all about eating healthly, losing weight and still living your life, as my consultant always says 'The plan is easy, life isn't'. There will always be events that are there to be enjoyed, life would be pretty miserable if you didn't relax at least 20% of the time, what SW has taught me is to relax and enjoy these events but still stay in control.

So here is my plan, I've just had a huge free breakfast of scrambled egg, beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms followed by a grapefruit .



I will cook a simple pasta to take on the train with me for lunch so I won't be ravenous for when I get to the party (not being hungry makes it a lot easier to make sure you don't over eat for the sake of it). I will also try to avoid wine if I can, gin and slim line is a lot less syns. And if there is only wine I'll try to top it up with soda water and just drink it slowly and make sure I'm also drinking lots of water, a lot of the time when you drink alcohol quickly it's because you're dehydrated.

So I intend to stay in control, and enjoy the food and the party!

I'll check in tomorrow to let you know how I got on.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment