Thursday 4 August 2011

Quick Curry

I made a really quick butternut squash and sweet potato curry and it was great - recipe below serves 4)

Cut half a butternut squash and 1 sweet potato into cubes and an onion into large chunks. Fry the onion in 4 tbsp of curry powder (use hot/medium/or mild according to your taste) for 5 minutes. Then add the butternut squash, sweet potato and 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, simmer for 5 minutes. Then add 100ml of reduced fat coconut milk (10 syns so 2.5 syns per serving) and some garden peas. Cover and simmer until the butternut squash and sweet potato is tender.

I had mine with basmati rice garnished with fresh corriander.


I still have 1 healthy extra b left so I think I'll have a cup of tea with a hifi bar.... or the curly wurly I sneakily bought at lunch time (6 syns).....lovely jubbly.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment