Thursday 4 August 2011

Target and Teriyaki Chicken!

Woohoo I stayed at target! Not 1lb on or off. I'm missing group for the next 2 weeks so I will need my blog now more than ever to keep me on track.

I came home to an amazing dinner of teriyaki chicken and vegetable stir fry. The recipe below serves 4.

Marinate 4 chicken breasts in 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce for a couple of hours kept in the fridge (not necessary to marinate but it does improve the flavour and makes the chicken more tender)

Stir fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes; chop 2 carrots into matchsticks, 1 red pepper into thin strips and half 100g mangtout lengthways - add the veg to the chicken and stir fry for another 3-4 minutes. Pour in 100ml teriyaki sauce (8 syns - so 2 syns per serving) and serve piping hot.

The teriyaki sauce makes this dish and to be honest you probably don't need 100ml so you could make it even lower in syns!

I served mine with a spide of wilted spinach in dark soy sauce with chili, ginger, garlic and a crumbled chicken oxo cube.



I followed this with a coconut muller yogurt and then a cup of tea with a kit kat (5.5 syns).

x

No comments:

Post a Comment