Saturday 13 August 2011

Cheese Scones!

I read this recipe on my consultant's facebook page ages ago and have been meaning to try it ever since and finally got round to it today.

Mix together 1 pack of instant mash (free) 1 tub of fat free/light cottage cheese (I used Tesco's lighter chive and onion cottage cheese) 3 medium size eggs and season......that easy. It should have a pastry kind of consistency but add a little bit of water if necessary to make it bind a bit better, season with salt and pepper. Mould this mixture into 6 large scones and bake in the oven on a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until golden (as you can see in the picture I tend to chargrill my food!)



These were great,I can imagine they would be amazing with baked beans and a poached egg. I had them on their own with some tomato sauce which strangly made them taste like a cornish pasty! (I've got grand plans to add mince meat and onion to try and make a cornish pasty at some point).

Now however great these were they may technically count as a tweak which means they could contain syns...'tweaks' are when free food may not be free because it isn't being eaten in the form it should be, so for example, the instant mash should be made up as mash and not used as a flour substitute. However, the general rule with 'tweaks' is as long as you're still losing weight, don't worry, it's only when your weight loss slow down you should re think them.

I definitely reccomend giving these a go, delicious!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment